Early Light Pillar
This glitch is not speedrun legal, as it requires a premade file.
Early Light Pillars is a glitch using BiT that allows you to open one of the light pillars on a file early. The conditions that make this glitch work are not well understood.
While conditions aren't well understood for this glitch, the following setup should allow for the glitch to work. You need your files to be set up in the following manner:
- File 1: Trigger File - Must be saved outside the Fire Sanctuary or Deep Woods; no other conditions(?)
- File 2: Target File - Must be saved at a save prompt.
- File 3: Tablet File - Must have the tablet you want already obtained, but not placed.
Usually your Tablet File will be for placing either the Ruby Tablet (for Eldin early) or the Amber Tablet (for Lanayru early).
First, activate BiT. Then do the following:
- With the Tablet File selected, obtain a Stamina Fruit or Rupee. This will load the tablet from that file into BiT.
- With the Tablet File selected, enter the Goddess Statue while still in BiT.
- Select the Trigger File. This will start a conversation with Fi.
- Before Fi finishes talking, deselect the Trigger File and select the Tablet File.
- Use a Skyward Strike to raise the tablet pedestal; there should be tablets already in it.
- Run up to the pedestal; you should have the option of placing a tablet.
- Place the tablet with your Target File selected. About two seconds after he stops placing it in, Start your Target File.
If everything works correctly, BiT will end, the tablet placing cutscene will play, and your Target File will be properly loaded. The light pillar associated to the tablet you placed will now be open on the Target File as well.
Caveats and Possible Failures
There are a few things that can go wrong with this glitch:
- If the tablet pedestal does not open after Fi's conversation, there's something wrong with the Tablet File.
- If you are placed in Skyloft nearby the Light Tower, then there's something wrong with the Target File.
- If BiT is still active when the Target File is loaded, then you started the file too late.
- If the Target File is loaded normally with no effects, then you started the file too early.
Even if the glitch works correctly, there are a few effects to be aware of:
- Performing Lanayru Early and then attempting to place any other tablet will crash the game.
- Performing Eldin Early and placing the Emerald Tablet will not crash the game.
- Performing Eldin Early before opening Faron seems to put Eldin in a pre-loaded state, similar to Skyview 0; see below.
- Performing Lanayru Early, on the other hand, appears to load Lanayru's initial state normally; however, it sets Eldin's state to a post-Earth Temple state, making the Digging Mitts unobtainable.
- Performing either early pillar before landing in Faron, and then attempting to land in either Lanayru or Eldin, will automatically land you in Faron. In other words, the first time you land on the surface you ALWAYS land in Faron. This makes it possible to land in Faron without the green light pillar active.
Similar to Skyview Zero, Eldin Zero is a partially loaded state which only exists when it is loaded before Faron is through the Early Light Pillar trick. Most parts of Eldin are properly loaded, with some exceptions:
- Many enemies are missing.
- The rocks holding the lava in around the Mogma Turf entrance are missing, making it impossible to drain the lava.
- If the Mogma Turf is entered via the BiTWarp, none of the Mogmas or Bokoblins are loaded, making it impossible to get the Digging Mitts.
- While you can interact with Bird Statues as normal, they do not register as having been visited; so you cannot land at them should you revisit Eldin.
As a result of these, you cannot progress past the Mogma Turf in Eldin Zero. One thing that is loaded is the Heart Piece on the ledge, and that can be obtained; but apart from that and various rupee chests, no progress can be made.
You can "fix" Eldin to its usual initial state by clearing Skyview Temple.
Last updated 04/18/2018